Wanna join us?
Giphy Source: Jay Sprogell
Join “play” – our deep learning video startup
play is, in a nutshell, about the beaming of emotions via video. The most beautiful medium to capture emotions, to share and beam them around the world.
The problem: creating high-quality, cinematic videos is not easy.
We have the 4K camera in our pocket, but unfortunately no post-production for cut, synch, grading, effects, motion graphics, etc.
Exactly these processes – from production to post-production to distribution – we reproduce digitally. With the aim of making video as simple as photography.
Which is a beautiful but demanding challenge and has already been described as a first-time ascent. That’s why we are looking for a CTO who is interested in the topics “Video, Deep Learning, Machine Vision and perhaps – also outdoor sports, like skiing, biking or snowboarding.”
But also to build and lead your own team – creating together, here in beautiful Saalbach (Austria) and remotely, the world’s most advanced automated video production system: play TRACKS. Initially for bike parks, ski resorts and professional sports broadcasts.
The basis for this is a holarchically deep learning intelligence that controls our own hardware and simulates an entire production team.
The markets are examined, the numbers crunched, the letters of intent signed and the MVP completed.
We’re ready to go!
Now we are looking for a passionate and skilled technician who shares our vision and wants to develop a new technology but also a new kind of organization – together with us, until the play TRACKS version 1.0 is ready for the market and further.
Interested? Great. Please continue.
Fields of activity
In the first step you and your team move on with our MVP or roll it up again and further develop it together with our AI-co-developer.
You and your team teach our cameras how to see, identify and track, so that the software knows what to do.
The biggest technical challenges of play TRACKS in a nutshell:
- Translation of cinematic processes into digital workflows and automate them via Deep Learning
- Digital imaging of human activities (camera movements, focus)
- Orchestration and control of up to 30 IP-controlled 4K/8K cameras
- Super accurate tracking and identification with low latencies
- Comprehensive image analysis under constantly changing light and weather conditions
- Set up the complete video pipeline from system setup, post production to distribution of the finished video
- Definition and development of the necessary, powerful infrastructure
- Exchange with our hardware developing partner
We organize ourselves on our own responsibility, based on what everyone wants and can contribute.
In other words, you can define your own role, what you want to do and from where.
You can set up your own team, invite the people who you want to work with.
Leadership is a major topic. Also for us. With the difference that we believe in self-responsibility and ownership. That’s why we will build play like an organism. In which you describe your role, your contribution, take responsibility for it, decide who fits into the team and therefore you shape play as a co-creator.
You feel like true innovation instead of trendy talking about and you can imagine being part of something completely new (technical and entrepreneurial).
The desk is just as much your terrain as our outdoor test area in Hinterglemm (near Saalbach).
Maybe video is even one of your passions and you enjoy outdoor sports.
And perhaps you were a founder yourself and know what it takes to set up a business.
You enjoy formulating visions and developing the roadmap from MVP to marketability and scaling.
You are fluent in plain language, no matter which tongue – ideally English or German.
Self-responsibility and clarity are essential in the organism play. You can always learn something new in this respect. That’s why personality- and leadership-development are an integral part of play.
And – we rely on collaboration – so that the greater good can reach its full size.
As a co-founder it would be great if you live in Europe or the DACH region – no matter where you originally come from.
Short about us
We have a great vision, which we would like to share with you – also via shares.
play means for us: playing with the latest technologies, discovering and developing new possibilities in a playful way, creating with joy and together (see also Homo Ludens).
We work when, where and as long as we want. Remote, in the garden, in the office, on the mountain “Zwölferkogel” here in Saalbach (where our prototype system will be built); in jogging or cycling-shorts, when we sit down in the cable car together to think or go downhill, e-biking and so on.
We make the difference between work (compulsion) and creation (joy).
Because creating is the most efficient and joyful way for us to move something.
We definitely don’t believe in pressure (push), but in impact (pull).
And with play we not only develop new technologies, but also a new, contemporary form of mindful corporate culture and collaborative self-management.
- Together with an external partner, we have developed our first MVP.
- Our partner for artificial intelligence (OFAI, Vienna) has examined and proven the concept of our AI “Holly”.
- The Saalbach Hinterglemm region is providing us with a prototype site including fiber optic infrastructure, an entire mountain (piste and downhill trail) as testing area, lift tickets and many more.
- At the same time, we have comprehensively calculated the entire business case and are currently acquiring the capital for its implementation.
- We will start the fundraising process these days.
What we offer
In addition to comprehensive challenges, co-design, true innovation and buzzword-free yet new business organization:
- Collaboration contract up to the investment + shares (before funding)
- negotiable salary (after funding)
- accommodation and office in Hinterglemm available at any time
- travel expenses
- season ticket for the region Saalbach.com
- further training opportunities (leadership, personality development)
- and space as well as freedom for your ideas, how you want to create and work
That’s awesome. If not? Maybe you have an idea of your own how you can get involved with play. Either way – we would be happy to talk to you. Because we can well imagine that you have one or the other question, we’d love to clarify during a first and easy chat.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Armin W Rainer
Send us your thoughts